Who Are We?
Monotype is the world's leading provider of fonts, font technologies and digital brand engagement solutions that enable optimal user experience, effective marketing integrity and innovative brand loyalty across all communication channels. Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts (USA), the company supports in particular the Global Top 2,000 customers in the international markets of America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Among other things, we offer custom company fonts for all languages and end devices, perfect rendering in heads-up displays, branded emojis in the major messenger apps as well as UGC-based marketing campaigns for effective brand fidelity. Monotype EMEA is a regional business unit working interdisciplinary, holistically, and always as one team. Internally and externally you will partner with digital-driven talents in a pioneering environment.
Where Are We?
Monotype 3rd Floor, 141-143 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6JE.
Olapic Lincoln House, Floor 2, 296-301 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JH.
Who Do We Need?
The IT Support Specialist responds to user queries, answers questions, and resolves hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment. Diagnoses, identifies and resolves problems. Utilizes diagnostic software packages and confers with internal technical support personnel, operations groups and/or vendors to affect solutions. May refer more complex problems to higher-level technical staff personnel for resolution. May implement corrective actions from remote site or guide user through corrective actions. Ensures corrective actions are implemented and hardware and/or software are functioning properly. Generates appropriate documentation. May provide guidance, training and direction to lower level or less experienced Help Desk personnel.
- Provide support and technical assistance to corporate computer end-users via face-to-face visits, telephone support, and remote access programs (both Windows and Mac)
- Routine tasks will include installation, configuration, network access, support and troubleshooting operating systems and productivity software in a corporate WLAN/WAN/LAN environment.
- Provide support and technical assistance for iPhones and iPads, peripheral equipment, and all software.
- Provision, manage accounts, and provide support for various internal and cloud based systems.
- Heavily involved in deploying new hardware, automating software rollouts/upgrades, backups and retirement of obsolete hardware.
- Attend training seminars and in-service programs as requested by supervisor.
- Provide Help Desk support to all users via Ticketing System and Help Desk Phone line.
- Evaluate and recommend desktop hardware and software.
- Assist training customers/users on various desktop functions; participate in Staff Development programs.
- Travel to other Monotype offices to provide IT Support (domestic and international).
- Respond to off hours' pager 1 week/month.
- Work conditions may occasionally include moderate noise if working in a production area, exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards associated with computer equipment, and handling of light to moderately heavy objects.
- Bachelor's/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications are preferred but not essential.
- Relevant certifications include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Linux+, CCNA, Apple, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, and/or MCSE and are a plus.
- Must have demonstrable help desk experience.
- Experience supporting PC hardware (Dell hardware a plus), Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, Office 2013 and higher.
- Strong experience supporting Apple hardware, OS X 10.9+, Office 2011 and 2016 for the Mac and Outlook/Apple Mail for the Mac.
- Experience with current and popular cloud applications and configurations, like Google, AWS, Dropbox etc.
- Experience with remote access programs including Cisco VPN, Windows Remote Desktop, Windows Terminal Server.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory Networking including logon account management, group/user policies, logon scripts, network printers, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMware Fusion, ESXI, Workstation.
- Experience working with backup systems, configuration, and maintenance as they relate to backup/recovery of data on corporate networks.
- Familiar with inventory and policy management software.
- Jamf, Dell Kace, and Microsoft SCC knowledge a plus.
- Basic understanding of network communications equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, hubs and VPNs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.