- Bad Homburg or Berlin, Hessen, DEU
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Monotype is the world's best-known provider of type-related products, technologies and expertise. Our fonts and technologies are designed to enable creative expression and give brands a distinct global voice. We're behind the text you read in newspapers and books, in the apps on your phone, in the websites you rowse, on the dashboard you scan, on the goods you buy, and in the games you play. We bring the world's words to the page and the screen.
Our mission is to be the first place to turn for the design assets, technology & expertise that empower brand engagement, self-expression and the best user experiences. Join us and leverage the tremendous potential in one of the most powerful markets in Europe. Monotype DACH is a regional business unit working interdisciplinary, holistically, and always as one team. Internally and externally you will partner with digital-driven talents in Berlin's pioneering environment. The position will be based in Berlin and participates in highly competitive salary, com-pensation, and talent management structures to boost your career.
Legal Counsel/Paralegal Enforcement (m/f)
(Maternity leave May 2017 - July 2018)
The Legal Counsel/Paralegal Enforcement will aid the Chief IP Counsel in enforcing the Intellectual Property of Monotype GmbH and other entities of the Monotype Imaging Group within Europe. He/She will prepare files for enforcement (research, factual and legal assessment of infringement, preservation of evidence, filing), initiate and pursue notice and takedown procedures, in more serious infringement matters send out and pursue warning letters and, if necessary, coordinate further legal enforcement. The Legal Counsel/Paralegal will handle most IP infringement matters on his/her own authority until a conclusion is reached. He/she will also coordinate with the company's U.S. based enforcement team on cross-geographical enforcement matters and to ensure a consistent enforcement strategy.
- Infringement research (trademark and copyright infringements of Monotype Imaging IP), court-proof documentation and filing
- Preparation and first steps regarding prosecuting infringements, including inquiries on the entitlement to use, notice and takedown procedures and cease and desist letters
- Administration and handling of infringements files, including communication with sales teams on further handling of infringement matters, communication with the legal team
- Negotiations with infringers and their legal representatives
- Preparation of statistical data regarding IP infringement at Monotype (revenue, damages, success quote etc.)
- Completed UK or German Bachelor or Master legal education (in Germany second federal law examination desirable)
- 06 months experience with a lawfirm or in the legal department of a company (preferably a software related company)
- Basic understanding of copyright and trademark law
- Practical experience in infringement matters desirable
- Strong communication skills and team player
- German desirable
- Bad Homburg, Berlin or London
We look forward to your application. Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.